Business Interiors launched into the commercial furniture market in 2014 and backed by leading European and Australian brands, we have quickly become a supplier of choice.
Focused on high end contract furniture, our broad and innovative range coupled with our team of industry experts has seen year on year growth in a competitive market. Due to this success we have plans to expand our team across Australia, with 2 new key roles created in our head office in Mascot.
The Bid Specialist prepares high quality tender responses, quotes, submissions, proposals and expressions of interest for local, state, regional and national account opportunities across Business Furniture. This hands on role will see you liaising with sales, vendors, suppliers, supply chain, marketing and merchandising on a daily basis.
Key focus areas include:
- Engaging with internal and external parties to gather information for the proposal or quote
- Successfully evaluate and complete proposals within the required timeframe, including;
- contributing to the development of the sales proposition
- product selections, specifications and costings
- services provider selections and costings
- production of proposals
- Space planning, product specifying and associated activities utilising AutoCAD
- Order entry for successful quotes and liaise with purchasing and the project management teams
- At times, the creation of mood boards, shop drawings, concept design and schedule preparation in line with Australian Building Codes and Standards.
- Recommend process improvement changes to create efficiencies in the proposal development process
- Actively participate in the team and preform all other duties as advised by the Bid Team Leader.
Skills and Experience required:
- A graduate with experience with AutoCAD or similar and have experience in a contracts administration/sales support or quote preparation role
- Passionate about design and furniture with a desire to grow within a large company
- Driven, with high attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills, time management, work well within deadlines and take pride in their work
- Work to fast pace time lines
This is a permanent opportunity based in our Mascot office and we offer a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org